Saturday, March 24, 2012

DropShadow not moving?

I have a DropShadow attached to a panel that is also a DragPanel and a ModalPopup. What happens is that I can move the panel but the shadow is moving after I drop the panel and not during the drag phase, then after I drop the panel the shadow redraws itself at the right place.

What can I do?

DropShadow in TrackPosition mode uses window.setTimeout to check for movement of its TargetControlID. It sounds like that event isn't firing during the drag operation and so you're not getting updated shadow positions. (Does this happen on all browsers?) You might consider making the DragPanel apply to a Panel that contains both the current content AND the DropShadow that's being attached to it. Then there won't be positioning to update since the shadow will automatically travel with its content.


Thank you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment