Monday, March 26, 2012

Dummy read the FAQ and still needs help re: using JS to set expandedSize property of Colla

Really wish I wasn't this dense. I found the .js file and I read the FAQ -- there is no reason I should not know how to do this, but I keep getting JS errors.

I want to be able to size the expanded size of a Collapsible Panel based on the size of the client browser. Thus far, I have:

assigned BehaviorID="myCP" to the panel (id="Admit") on the server;

found the _expandedSize property in the AjaxControlToolkit.CollapsiblePanelBehavior constructor in the .js file

I guess I have never had to reference an instance of an object that I didn't create myself, so I have no idea how to change the property in the instance.

I thought $get("myCP")._expandedSize=500 would work, but nope.

Stumped and stupid. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for any length you can add to my bus!

Hi Mrgr8avill,

Get/set the height property,

var height = $find("CollapsiblePanelExtender's BehaviorID").get_TargetHeight();

$find("CollapsiblePanelExtender's BehaviorID").set_TargetHeight(500);

Get/set the width property ,

var width = $find("CollapsiblePanelExtender's BehaviorID").get_TargetWidth();

$find("CollapsiblePanelExtender's BehaviorID").set_TargetWidth(500);

Best regards,

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment