Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dynamic Atlas page

I am making a completely dynamic web page. I want to use Atlas for UI handling.
This means that all atlas controls I create in codebehind (But sometimes a template would be useful, but only html template - atlas code should be generated dynamically). The main idea is that while you enter data, page updates itself and either edits data or changes whole behaviour. So I have some questions
1) Where can I see which classes create which elements in Script tag?
2) Is it possible at all to dynamically change behaviour - for example, to make the same html button call different actions or to completely change part of html (span element) and accordingly change atlas scripts?
3) how to dynamically add atlas controls from codebehind and avoid rendering visible control - make only atlas script?
4) how to make visible part of atlas control to appear somewhere else not after closing HTML tag?It shouldn't work that way, I think. Atlas is more client side then server framework..point is to make smart client webapplications which requests only actually needed data from server. You can create all controls from code, but on client side it will look same as if you create them much easier way in designer.
It's all my personal option

You didn't understand the problem - I want to put more action in client-side. For example, when filling out order form, I want to check data (and autofill some fields) without postback.
But the way I want to build UI is dynamic - I make product definition (what data are necessary for particular product) and screen definition (where these necessary data show up in UI). And then I have helper class that goes through those definitions and creates UI controls. Currently I can create native ASP.NET controls, but I would like to use ATLAS instead.
So the problem is that all examples of ATLAS scripts I have seen so far are statically typed in *.aspx page. But I want to create those scripts at runtime using Microsoft.Web.UI.* classes. But I cannot find all classes that correspond to examples in static scripts. For example, how can I programmatically create serviceMethod tag?
Not all client-side Atlas controls have a server-side version yet. Forexample, there is no serviceMethod Atlas server-control yet.
You would have to write them yourself, or wait until a new version ofAtlas is released which includes more server-controls for the Atlasclient-side controls.

Where can I get more info on how to create a class that creates ATLAS script? What should I inherit from, what methods need to be implemented, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment