Monday, March 26, 2012

Dual TabContainers and background image rendering

I have a page with a main TabContainer. In the ContentTemplate of this container, there is another TabContainer serving as a subtab. The problem I am having is that when a TabPanel is clicked, the subtab background image disappears. Once you move the mouse over a TabPanel, however, it is re-painted. An image of what I am describing is below. In addition, I have all the source/images for this sample zipped at:https://secure.wellmedmedicalgroup.com/test.zip

To replicate simply click "Section B" on the subtabwithout moving the mouse. You will notice the background image disappears. Then move the mouse, and it re-appears.

This is a skeleton of the application I am designing. When there is actual content the issue is much more noticeable. You cannot force the repaint via moving the mouse until the page finishes rendering. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? The only lead I've discovered is that if I don't specify a class for the subtab I don't get this behavior, but I also cannot use a different image template which is not acceptable. My suspicion is that there is some sort of conflict between the painting of the main TabContainer and the TabContainer within it's ContentTemplate.

Background not rendering

Hi,

This is a know issue, please refer to this thread. http://forums.asp.net/t/1112126.aspx

A bugWorkItemId=10855 is opened to track this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment