Monday, March 26, 2012

DropShadowExtender

I am totally new to AJAX, and I have downloaded the Toolbox and the framework. Cool stuff. It really makes programming easier and web-pages more functionally.

I have also seen the movie about the Dropshadowextender, and Now I want to use it in one of my own web-sites.

I have a menu in the left side, and the menu is build within an UpdatePanel. Inside the updatePanel I have a panel (with some text), and it is the Panel that I want to have a shadow around.

When I put the DropShadowExtender to the ASPX-page, and choose PANEL1 as the TargetControlID I get the following error:

System.InvalidOperationException: The TargetControlID of 'DropShadowExtender1' is not valid. A control with ID 'Panel1' could not be found.

That happens no matter if I put the Extender inside or outside the updatepanel.

Please help me. I buy you a beer when you come to Denmark if you can help meGeeked

thanks in advance.

Søren Jensen

Hi,

You're saying that if you put the extender inside the UP it works so... what is the problem ?


I need to apologize for my bad english :-)

I mean that it does not work even if I put the extender inside the UP.

Søren


No problem! english is not my spoken langage too...

I've just tried what you describe and it worked for me.
What version of Atlas are you using ? the v1.0 beta 1 or older CTP ?
Maybe can you copy some code here ?


I have just downloaded V1.0 Beta 1.....

I will try to build a new site later today, and post some code in here. THX

No comments:

Post a Comment