Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dynamic Creation of AJAX Controls (w/Intellisense?)

Is there any way to make intellisense work for the AJAX Control Toolkit in the code behind pages? I'm trying to dynamically create controls in c#.

Thanks!

Hi Jerryp,

First , I think you should InstallAsp.Net 2.0 Ajax Extension V1.0 and then installAjax Control Toolkit. You can get them from this url: http://www.asp.net/ajax/ . If your project is an exsit which is not an Ajax-Enabled project, you canmodify the web.config and add reference to the AjaxControlToolkit.dll.

By the way, Javascript intellisense is support by VS2008.

Hope this help.

Best regards,

Jonathan


Thanks for your respnose! I already have all those things installed. I guess I should have given more background. I am trying to create the controls in my c# page_load method. When I dynamically create the controls Intellisense doesn't work, so I've been using Reflector to see what methods are available on the different classes. It doesn't really get annoying until you have to drill down through the class hierarchy to find out what a property is called. My code compiles and runs, but it's difficult to develop with the AJAX Control Toolkit if intellisense doesn't work. I would like to know how to get the intellisense for the control toolkit to work.

Thanks,

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment