Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dropdownlist is flickering During Asynchronous Postback

I have placed dropdownlist along with some other controls in an Update panel.During Async Postback, the dropdownlist is flickering. Can any one help me to avoid the flickering of Dropdownlist

Anything in the update panel may flicker. If you don't want something to, you may want to take it out of the update panel. You can use it as a trigger if you are changing something based of the selected index when it changes.

I have noticed this as well. I tried to figure it out for a day or so and I'm taking a break from it. Hopefully someone will answer.

I don't see this behaviour with text boxes though...


It could also be more noticeable if you have a large number of items in the dropdown and more noticeable if they are bound to it. As I said in my previous reply, you can remove it from the update panel if you do not need to change the dropdown's contents by placing it outside the update panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment